Guess what everyone! I just had a birthday, and like what feels like everyone else in the world, I am now officially 24, and verging on a quarter life crisis. It doesn’t help that Hilary Duff (or Kelsey Peters, I guess) just got her own imprint in “Younger” (TV Land binge) and is now running Millennial Print. “Younger” gives me complicated feelings, y’all, but when it comes to Sutton Foster and Hilary Duff, they are crystal clear. #dreamteam
This year, I had already set a series of goals that I wanted to meet. Goals that I felt would make me a better person in the long run. As I thought more about it, though, I realized that I wanted more. Maybe it’s from reading so many “25 Things to Do Before You’re 25” lists. They seemed so narrowly focused. I wanted something more universal, but I have a limited scope of experience to work with, so I’ve done my best at coming up with my own list.
There are ten aspects of my life that I am constantly striving to improve, and I’ve set five goals/ideas of ways in each to make my life a touch better than it is now.
The plan is to share two aspects, for a total of ten ideas, once a week with you lovely people, and today I cover Health and Happiness. 🙂
In my opinion, health goals are personal goals.
I am blessed with the strength to set these goals for myself. If they are unrealistic for where you are at in your life, that’s okay. At one point, running a mile was a seemingly insurmountable challenge for me. Or, on the other hand, you might be able to do everything that I’m working toward.
Your goals don’t have to be the same as my goals. We are different people. And that is okay.
- Run 10 Miles (But shoot for 13.1)
- Hike 20 Miles
- I need suggestions of good hiking trails that are about 20 miles, please! I live in a very flat area of Texas, and mountains would be a welcome change.
- Bike 30 Miles
- Swim 5 Miles
- Coming from an ex-swim instructor, this one might be a little low, but that’s okay. Everyone needs a freebie.
- Meditative Yoga Weekend
- I have a sneaking suspicion that the meditating part of this weekend will be the difficult part.
- Find volunteer work in your area.
- There are many wonderful organizations that will take volunteers, or you can check out Just Serve to see if they having anything where you live!
- Let go of one inhibition.
- You don’t have to strip down in public to overcome an inhibition. In fact, I do not recommend this at all because it’s illegal some places. *yikes* In reality, an inhibition is “a feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.” Slip off your shoes at work guilt free, ladies!
- Disconnect from social media for a little while.
- Yes. You can do this. Ultimately, social media is a useful and fun tool, but when you’re constantly checking it and letting it interfere with living your life, it’s time to disconnect. Set yourself goals to see how long you can go without checking to see how many likes a post got, or what your frenemy is up to.
- Wear what makes you feel beautiful and comfortable because DAMN, you got it going on.
- Shake it off.
- This just in: you’re never going to make everyone happy. Whaaaaa? In the long run, if that’s your goal, you’ll just end up being unhappy. Sometimes, you need to let people be . Just be you. Even Taylor Swift can’t be you.
Stay tuned for new goals next week!